Saturday, March 10, 2012

Beer


As I was walking home from school on Friday, I saw an expat couple walking down the street with a beer in each of their hands. This is not uncommon to see in Shanghai. When I saw them walking and drinking beer, it of course, made me want one myself. It was a tiring week and I was ready to pop the top and sit on my couch with my sweats on.

So I did. I went to Lawsons (a corner store near our apartment building) and grabbed a 600 milliliter bottle all for myself. I went up to the 8th floor pulled on my sweats and sat. Shortly after, I was summoned to a happy hour. I'm a sucker for Lychee Cosmos at Cottons on a Friday night. My big dilemma however, was that my beer was not even half way gone. Problem solved- I now had a roadie. So I walked out the apartment (I did manage to change out of my sweats) and climbed into the cab with my beer in hand. The driver made fun of me (and so did Krystle) as he pointed and laughed at my beer. Off we went, drinking beer as we made our way to the French Concession…

No comments:

Post a Comment