Yep, it’s been quite a long time since my last post. I blame it on two things. One, no one needs to hear my complaints that often. Two, the last few weeks have flown by! I don’t know exactly what I have been doing, but am happy that they have gone so quickly.
I am going to start this post with a list of all the positives right now. I am trying to focus on the happy things and really enjoy this pregnancy as it comes to an end. It’s not easy for me to do right now. This list will be a form of therapy for me!
- I LOVE feeling baby girl move! It brings a smile to my face every time.
- I love thinking about the day we will meet her! I cry every time I think of her tiny fingers, toes, nose and lips!
- I had an absolutely AMAZING baby shower from some unbelievable friends here in Riyadh. It really brings tears to my eyes when I think of the people we meet living abroad. It’s impossible to explain how you get so close so quickly unless you have experienced it. I have lived here and known these women for only 9 months and it feels like I have known them forever. I never expected so many gorgeous friends to come to my shower. It was truly overwhelming.
- The five ladies that organized, planned and executed the shower mean SO much to me! Krystle, Tracy, Marcelle, Allison and Liz are true friends/family that I could not appreciate and love more!!!
- I have been wanting a comfortable glider since I learned I was pregnant. I really didn’t know if this would ever happen. Thanks to the shower planners and Lisa, a teacher friend that will be taking over my class during my maternity leave, I am getting the one I wanted straight from the US of A!!! I can’t explain how happy that makes me. It will be at my house tomorrow.
- We have a crib! Baby girl won’t sleep in it until the fall, but we have it. For now she will sleep in a rock and sleeper next to our bed.
- Thanks to the shower and our friend Jonalee, who gave us tons of clothes from her daughter, baby girl has quite the start to a beautiful wardrobe.
- The amazing Taylor Krugler saved the day by retaking maternity photos for us! We had some done by a professional photographer and I cried when we got them back. They were just not what I wanted or expected. I immediately emailed Taylor, another teacher friend, and asked if she could take some for us. She was super excited to do it and the results are just perfect!!!
- I went to the doctor Saturday and learned I am 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. I know that doesn’t mean much and labor is still probably weeks away, but it was nice to hear that my body is preparing for the arrival of this miracle.
- The moms will be here sooooo soon!!!!
- The deck is coming along. Travis and Ian are working really hard on it and it looks great!
- Tracy and I held book club last week and it went really well.
- This past weekend was a four day weekend and was AMAZING!!!
So there you go, quite a lengthy list of positives. I should read that daily!
Here are my pictures from these weeks:
Here are some pictures from the shower:
The shower planners: Liz, Marcelle, Allison, Tracy, Krystle and Allison’s daughter Laila
This game made guests guess how big my belly was with string.
Here are a few maternity pictures that Taylor took for us:
Mama, Daddy and Baby:
- Mama’s latest craving is a bagel with cream cheese. She even stole bagels from Liz!
- Mama has the pregnancy walk down! I weeble wobble all over our school campus.
- Mama had a little scare when baby didn’t move much for two days. We went to the ER and they found the heartbeat immediately. Monitored it and told us it was excellent. I am so glad we went. It made me feel much better!
- Mama feels a lot pressure at the bottom of her belly and gets a pain that feels like a shock down there.
- Mama’s back gets sore from sitting for too long, laying down for too long or walking too much. She has to change positions often.
- Daddy loves to feel baby girl move and rub mama’s belly.
- Daddy is still working very hard in the backyard.
- Daddy is saint right now! He deals well with mama crying, freaking out and getting irritated.
- Baby is about 20 inches, the size of a melon.
- Baby is probably between 5 and 6 pounds now.
- Baby could (and hopefully will) come any time now! Wishful thinking...