Friday, April 10, 2015

Rock Stars


I am just going to start by saying that pregnancy is NOT easy. Anyone who has been pregnant is a rock star in my eyes. I had absolutely no clue how much your body and mind would go through while pregnant. For me it’s been a roller coaster ride since before I even conceived. I wanted to get pregnant so badly and it was so hard to see so many others sharing their exciting news. I would be so happy and excited for them, yet so discouraged that I wasn’t pregnant, even before we started trying!

The day we found out I was pregnant was the most exciting day I can honestly remember. I can picture everything like it was yesterday. The first couple weeks were great. I was growing a baby, yet felt like normal Christy. Then week 6 hit. I was sick every minute of everyday. Nothing made me feel better. That continued for about 6 more weeks. Next, you get to the second trimester and you feel like you conquered a dragon! You feel great, your bump is starting to grow, food tastes better, you’ve told the world, everyone is nice to you, life is good. This lasts for quite some time. When the third trimester comes, you almost forget about how awful the first one was. Then it hits you. Your bump is getting extremely large, your ankles are swollen, your breasts are the size of Mount Everest and even your maternity clothes aren’t fitting so well anymore. The best part, you still have almost 2 months left of this joy! You want to walk to stay fit, but it’s so hard just to pick up your feet.

Then there is your mind. Before I conceived, I was so worried that I would never be able to have a baby. There was no reason behind my thoughts, except that I know so many amazing women that struggled for years or simply can’t get pregnant. It didn’t happen right away for us, and this only made me worry more. I did acupuncture, I drank special teas, ate certain foods, drank less alcohol, you name it, I did it. Nothing helped. It finally happened when I calmed down a bit. Shocking, I know.

Once you are pregnant, you can’t say anything. You worry that something will go wrong. You worry that you are not actually pregnant that it is all in your mind, well at least until you get morning sickness and start falling asleep as you are walking. The first trimester is so scary and you are holding it all in. Again, all is well during the second trimester. As the third trimester hits the worry comes back. Is she moving enough? Is she in the right position? Will she come too early? So many questions pop back into your mind and make you worry about the growing baby inside of you. It’s not easy I tell you, and I had NO idea! That is why I think anyone who has had a baby or is currently pregnant is a true rock star in my eyes! So when you see a pregnant lady walking around, even if you don’t know them, tell them how awesome they are and how strong they are.


And I haven’t even given birth yet…that’s when women are REALLY heroines!

No comments:

Post a Comment