Saturday, September 10, 2011

Outbreak 2


Just the other day I was telling one of the new teachers that I was sick for months last year, but eventually my body got use to the new environment and was healthy for the second half of the year.  Apparently I opened my mouth too soon!  I got the bug that seems to be the new teacher plague at SCIS.  Last week one teacher had it, Monday another got it, and now I am one of four teachers that got it this weekend.   Whatever the virus is, it sucks!  The good news is, it’s a three day weekend, the bad news is, it’s a three day weekend!  Of course this is the weekend I had a lot of fun things planned, but instead I am here on the couch, feeling sorry for myself.

Anyways, Travis and I had a good week.  We had Back To School night on Wednesday.  This is always one of Travis’ favorite days.  He loves to chat and kiss up to all the parents.  He even looks forward to parent-teacher conferences!  He is a strange kind of teacher if you ask me!  I was a little nervous.  It is so easy to talk in front of little kids, but adults are scary!   Actually, it was a great night for both of us.  We feel so lucky to have such great, supportive families at this school. 

Thursday we went dinner with our Shanghai family to get our dumplings.  I think we had twelve of us this week.  It is always a night we look forward to each week.  We catch up, gossip, and laugh a lot!  Friday I was sick, but we had no students.  It was a relaxed PD day, so that was great.  We both got a lot done in the classroom.  At night we were supposed to go to dinner at a friend’s house.  I didn’t want to miss out just because I was sick and had a fever, so we went.  It was a crazy adventure trying to get there.  First it took us 45 minutes to get to Krystle’s house to help her with some folding chairs. It normally takes 15-20 minutes.  Then we couldn’t get another taxi to get to Amanda’s.  The whole trip ended up being an hour and a half.  We had many taxis just drive right past us and not get us.  It was so frustrating.  We think it is because of the holiday, Mid-Autumn Festival.  However, it was a great time eating wonderful Mexican food and watching an NFL game on their satellite tv.  However, it probably wasn’t a good choice for me.  I feel worse today.  I am hoping to get rid of this stupid bug by Monday!  Ugh.  I am not a good sick person!

So that’s it.  I know that wasn’t exciting news, but I want to keep it a habit to update the blog.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment: