Sunday, September 4, 2011

Year 2 Begins!

Well, to put it bluntly...we SUCK at updating our Blog.  I am going to make a solid effort to change that this year!  Today, as I was reading Cam and Elisa's updates it dawned on me that we should probably be doing the same thing!  Now, their blog is a bit more exciting since they have lots of baby news to share, but I will try to keep ours as entertaining and informational as possible!  :)

First, we started this year on cloud 9.  First class on an international flight is pretty amazing.  The usual feeling of being sleep deprived and hungry for good food was replaced with sadness at the sight of land and we felt oddly full when it did finally hit the runway!

Travis enjoying our fabulous seats, curtesy of Continental!!!

The day we landed, we went to Wings, a local bar, to see some of the new meat that joined SCIS.  We met a few new teachers and felt like the big kids that knew it all!  It also felt great returning, knowing exactly what to expect, what a difference from last year.  The best part was that our apartment was spotless.  Our ayi cleaned it top to bottom all summer, and it showed.  It is so great to have her again.  This summer we actually had to clean, do laundry, and take care of the places we stayed in...sheesh, it is good to be home where clothes are washed and put away, dishes are cleaned, and clothes are ironed all without me lifting a finger!

In SCIS style, the parties began right away!  Our first gathering was at Okura Garden Hotel.  The administration treated us to cocktails and dinner where we all got gussied up!  I love a party where I can dress up.  It was great night to catch up with all of our friends.

Clare, Vaness, me, Krystle, and Amanda enjoying our reunion after a summer apart.

The next party was an 80's themed birthday party for 3 lovely ladies- Hiromi, Kara, and Cristina.  We had a blast dressing the part, acting the part, and dancing to some of the best music in history!  Check it out!

 Krystle and I posing before the rest of our friends show up.
Travis got a hold of a lovely wig and sported it the rest of the evening!

As for school, everything is wonderful!  Travis is teaching 5th grade again and I made a big move to 2nd grade on the big campus.  I love walking to work without taking the metro!  It is so nice to get there in 10 minutes.  I also love being on a campus with more people.  I loved my friends at ECE, and I truly miss seeing them everyday, but so far I LOVE 2nd grade!  I have a great class that is very excited to learn...let's hope it stays that way!

We are really enjoying our second year.  It is so nice to know where to shop for groceries, where to eat, where to go out, what to do, and all that makes a place feel like home.  :)  We look forward to many more adventures this year and will share them as they happen.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are going to keep it up to date more!!! I love reading about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys made a great choice. You get to see the world and get paid while you travel. MI gov wants to privatize schools here. Better to do what you did and have some fun, too. I love seeing your photos. Looks like such a nice group of friends. Have a super year! xo Cheryl

    ReplyDelete