Friday, February 20, 2015

Weeks 25 and 26

I am now 26 weeks (almost 27 since I am WAY late in posting this). Although I am ready for it to be May (actually June), the time is flying. Overall, I feel really good. My ankles are swollen almost all the time and I have to move my body a little different lately, but I feel good and have a decent amount of energy. I am still walking around 2 miles four times a week, but would like to do more. It is becoming a challenge to put on socks since I am just not use to a big belly in my way! Sleeping comfortably is getting a little difficult. Baby girl uses my bladder as a trampoline, so I pee a lot and I seem to require more food lately. She is still a mover and daddy finally got to feel her! He was getting a little frustrated that he couldn’t, but last night he could feel her kicking or punching and was VERY happy! It is such an amazing feeling.

My belly and boobs have continued to expand quite a bit. This past week I got a lot of comments that I now looking really pregnant. As I was talking to Travis last night, I just felt huge! I still can’t see my belly when I look down because there are two other giant mountains blocking my view, but when I see a side view it’s a little shocking now!
Here is what has happened over the past two weeks.


I had my glucose test on February 7 and I was really nervous about it. Mornings are not easy for me still and the thought of not eating, getting in a car and getting my blood drawn four times before noon, scared me a bit. Luckily, the night before we had a girl’s movie night where we ate CPK and watched a chick flick. I ate a ton of food to prepare for the next day. 

The morning of, I felt good when I woke up. I was not hungry or nauseated. However, we got on the road and right away there was an accident. I don’t deal well with accidents. I usually freak out or cry. This was a bad one, so I freaked out AND cried. It looked a little dusty or smoky ahead of us as we got on the first main road and we couldn’t see very well. In front of us was a giant dump truck. Apparently he couldn’t see well either. We all tried to pass through the dust. The dump truck did not succeed. He tried to avoid a truck that was stopped in the road (unseen by all) and swerved to avoid hitting it at the last minute. He failed. Not only did he hit the other truck, his truck flipped over to the left side and dumped his gravel all over the road. As the dust cleared, you could see the truck that was hit was pouring fuel onto the road. The other truck was turned on its side and I thought for sure that the driver would be seriously injured or dead. I panicked immediately. I felt like we were trapped on the road and fuel was everywhere. I was convinced that there would be an explosion. Travis calmed me down and was able to drive around the mess. As we passed it all, we saw the driver out, limping around. He was alright after all. It was very scary and really shook me up.

We drove on and got to the doctor’s quite quickly. Travis dropped me off since I was going to be there for three hours. I went in, got my blood taken and then drank the orange drink, which was not bad at all. After that, I went out into the waiting room and read for an hour, until they needed to take my blood again. At the end of three hours, my blood was drawn four times and my fear of needles was nearly overcome. Travis picked me up and took me home so I could eat. I didn’t feel sick and hungry until we got in the car. I was shocked. There must be a LOT of sugar in that drink! Overall, it went really well and I was happy it was over.

Here are my 25 and 26 week photos.



A highlight of the last couple weeks was ordering Indian food with a group of friends. We had all been craving some delicious Indian food. We got it delivered to the compound and had a FEAST! We had so much food. Check it out!


Then on Friday I had a ladies brunch at my house. We all brought some kind of food to share. It was amazing! It was so nice to start the weekend with friends and food. I can’t wait until the next one.

On Valentine’s Day Travis and I went back to the doctor’s office. We found out that I do not have gestational diabetes and I can continue to eat my pasta and ice cream! I was so relieved. The doctor did another ultrasound and took some measurements. He said everything was perfect, which is always nice to hear! He also told me that baby is very active. This is not news to me. There is a party every day in my belly. Anyways, the appointment went well and we ended the day with a homemade fancy steak dinner to celebrate Valentine’s Day.

Then I had another Book Club meeting. This time it was at a restaurant that I have not been to, Lusin, which is Armenian food. It was a nice night with some new interesting food.

The next night we made dinner for our friends Amy and Rob who just welcomed their baby boy into the world! She went to the same doctor I go to and had a wonderful experience. It was great to hear a little bit about what to expect when our day comes.

Finally, I was a judge for the high school talent show on Wednesday night. It was so much fun to watch all the talent of the high schoolers and to see their friends cheer them on as they took the stage. The winner was a rap singer! I was really impressed with his abilities. The second place winner was a dub stepper that was quite entertaining!

As you can see, we have been really busy! The next month should be the same. We have Week Without Walls this coming week which is a week of non-curricular activities with the students. I am sure I will be worn out at the end of each day. The we have report cards coming up after that and spring break starts March 18! I am so ready for a nice break.

On a side note, I am totally jealous of all my Shanghai friends that were vacationing at a beach for CNY. I miss the beaches of SE Asia SO MUCH!!! I hope you are all enjoying your vacations. That’s all for this post.

Mama, Daddy and Baby this week:
  • Mama is feeling good and can feel baby girl a lot!
  •  Mama has swollen ankles.
  • Mama craves pasta and ice cream more than anything right now!
  • Daddy felt baby girl move for the first time!
  • Baby is 850grams (almost 2 pounds!)
  • Baby is the size of a butternut squash.
  • Baby’s eyes are starting to open.
  • Baby is over 14 inches!


No comments:

Post a Comment