Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Weeks 27 and 28

Weeks 27 and 28

It’s officially the third trimester now! I am feeling more tired lately and simple tasks are getting to be a bit more difficult. I can still put my own shoes on, but not in the same way. Getting up from a couch or chair is a little more difficult too now that I don’t have stomach muscles. I am finding that I am walking a bit slower and it’s not as comfortable. I have had a pain in lower left back and it is slowly creeping down to my butt and hamstrings. My walk has a slight limp to it! However, thanks to our AIS-R Get Fit Challenge, I am still getting around 10,000 steps a day. Some days I can get it without going for a walk after work, other days require a 30 minute walk around the compound. I haven’t done yoga since I learned I was pregnant and I am really missing it (and needing it). Today I decided to start it up again. I logged onto yogaglo.com and signed up. They offer all kids of yoga classes. I am eager to get at it again!

Baby girl is moving a lot! I can feel bigger movements now and Travis was able to feel her again. I find that she likes to move the most when I lay down to sleep. She also wakes me up in my sleep sometimes. I really like feeling her, but it is still such a strange sensation!

Here are my 27 and 28 week photos.




The last two weeks have been quite a blur. We had Week Without Walls at school, which really tired me out. Everyday we do different activities. It’s a break from the curriculum for the students, but is much more physically demanding. It was a great week!

Then this past weekend we went to Byblos, Lebanon. We planned this trip back in October and have been looking forward to it ever since. I really can’t describe what a great city it is, so I will let the pictures do all the talking. I will tell you that we walked a lot, ate a lot and really enjoyed the city and people.

Port Byblos

 All the buildings were gorgeous! The city was built in the 12th century.
 There were churches all over the town. They were beautiful!
 Loved this view each day! It was right across the street from our hotel.
 Lunch at Feniqia, loved, loved, loved this food!
 Tracy and I smiling after eating our delicious fish sandwich.
 Byblos Castle
 Byblos Castle surroundings
 Krystle and I enjoying the view of the Mediterranean Sea from the castle grounds.
 The amazing view from the top of the castle
 Port Byblos
This sunset was amazing!


Mama, Daddy and Baby this week:
  • Mama is feeling tired and can feel baby girl a lot!
  • Mama has swollen ankles and a sore back.
  • Mama craves ice cream and all kinds of sweets right now.
  • Daddy felt baby girl move again.
  • Daddy does just about everything to help out mama.
  • Baby is close to 2.5 pounds.
  • Baby is the size of cauliflower.
  • Baby is about 16 inches!
  • Baby’s sleep now includes REM phases.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to read your posts and see your pictures! Thanks.
    Jules and I do Yogaglow on Tuesdays too! We think of you and miss you too! Enjoy your last trimester. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss doing yoga and working out with you girls so much! Big hugs to you both! xoxo

      Delete