Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dear Baby Girl...

Dear Baby Girl,

It's me, your mama. I'm writing you again. Right now I am sitting in Istanbul in my hotel room. It is silent and I am alone. I can do anything I want to do right now. I am choosing to do nothing. I know that when I get back to Riyadh things are going to get crazy. In just a little over 8 weeks daddy and I get to meet you and then things will get really crazy. Because of that, I have decided it is totally ok to sit on the computer in a bed while on vacation.

Speaking of vacation, I have to apologize to you for yesterday. Overall, this trip has been great so far. Daddy and I have been doing just a little bit each day so that I don't get too tired. Aunt Krystle, Uncle Zach and Tristan are here and we've been spending lots of time with them too. It has been a great last vacation before we welcome you into our lives.

Yesterday was rough on me though, and I it felt like it was not very easy for you either. Daddy and I ventured out a little farther west to see a few more mosques and to try and make it to Chora Church. Daddy warned me that it was a lot of walking and much of it would be going uphill. He was right. Poor guy had to pull me around for most of the morning. After a few hours and almost 10,000 steps before lunch I was done. It felt like you were trying to get out and my back was screaming at me. I never did make it to the church, but did see some gorgeous mosques and cool parts of the city.

We then headed back to our hotel area. We took the tram for part of it and it was so packed I felt like I was going to pass out. I was squished in there and so you were too. Sorry about that! After a delicious Turkish lunch I went back to the hotel to rest for a bit. I am certain you were really happy that I was finally laying down.

It didn't last long and soon we were off again. This time we walked around the Topkapi Palace. It was huge. You tried to get out again and punched and kicked me a few times. I took the hint. Daddy and I went to sit for a bit before we went to the Asian side of Istanbul. It was a short rest though.

We took the tram to the ferry station and then headed across the river to see the Asian side and eat. It was quick, but there were no restaurants near the port. We walked some more. I'm sorry. I really am. Daddy was pulling me once again. Luckily, the Winters were with us and kept us occupied. We finally found a restaurant and loved the view walking to it. Unfortunately, the restaurant had no beer and the food didn't look too good. After a short sit, we walked again. This time we took the metro under the river. It was quicker. I think you were pretty mad at me though. You decided to push on my bladder and made me pee three times in a matter of about 45 minutes. We made it back to our hotel area and had a delicious dinner. Then finally I went to bed. I don't plan on making you walk that much again. 20,000 steps was just too much! Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed the city of Istanbul. In your short little life inside me you have already been to Jordan, Michigan, Bahrain, Lebanon and now Turkey. When we return to Riyadh, your flight count will be up to 12.

We can't wait to take you around the world, although we know our vacations will be significantly different and much more work. We have your first trip planned to Michigan for the summer and then your second trip will be to Prague in September. I hope you are a good traveler and like to be out and about like your Daddy. He is currently exploring the city without me and is perfectly fine doing that. I have a feeling you are going to be adventurous, just like him.

Love you!
mama

No comments:

Post a Comment