Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Another fun day at AIS-R!

Today was an especially fun morning! It was the first day that we had a wellness session. From now until school starts (I think) we get to participate in an activity of our choice. They last one hour and range from reading to skateboarding to working out at the gym to talking tech stuff. I chose to go to yoga and really enjoyed it. The teacher that ran the session was amazing! It was a great workout and was really hard for me since it has been so long since I practiced yoga. Anne, Meagan, Michele and Jules- I was thinking of you the whole time (and of course Bob and his socks)!

After our wellness session we had a healthy breakfast. I love the emphasis on health right now. We got to choose from yogurts, fruits, museli and cereal. This was a really energizing morning. And today, we needed it!

Following breakfast we did a scavenger hunt with our team. There are only three people on my team right now since we are waiting for the other two (Krystle and Shelley) to arrive soon. It was Jon, Joji and me. We had so much fun! The purpose of this hunt was to really learn the new campus and find out where important things are located. It was so much fun running around trying to find things. To make it more interesting, you had to take pictures of each place you went to and put it on instagram. Those of you that follow me on IG probably noticed the pictures. Our campus is so big, we compared it to a community college campus, although maybe not quite that big, but darn close! Here are some of my favorite pictures from today.

 This is Jon picking up our HR director, Mike Laird. Mike helped us get into the country and has helped us settle into life in Riyadh and at AIS-R.
 This is in the faculty lounge area.
 One of our tasks was to go to the principal's office. Jon is sitting at Travis' desk and was worried he was going to get in trouble for doing it. ;) He didn't. The three leaders all enjoyed our little disturbance.
 I don't think they encourage climbing the flag poles, but we did it anyway!
This is my favorite one! This room is where we have all of our meetings. Usually our superintendent is behind the podium. I'm sure the school will use this picture at some other time in the year. :)

There was one more I wanted to share, but it won't upload for some reason. Anyway, it seems like a really fun school and my team is great! The rest of the day was spent in our classrooms. At the end of the day the three of us went into Krystle and Shelley's classrooms to rearrange furniture and figure out where to put bulletin boards and white boards. I think we will be great at working together!

2 more work days to go this week...
C

3 comments:

  1. Fun day! I could tell you had an instagram challenge :) You look like you are meshing well with your team! Hope the rest of the week continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you hear the "call to prayer" 5 times a day? What "noise" do they use to tell everyone it's time to pray?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard it a few times, but not much. It's really quiet around here. I don't know how to explain the noise. It's like a prayer in Arabic said in a musical way...does that make sense???

      Delete