Thursday, August 28, 2014

Just another update

Well, I haven't written a post for a bit, so here we go. It has been a very busy week, which is why I haven't done an update. Last weekend Zach arrived and Travis went to the airport to pick him up. It is so nice having a familiar face around here! Krystle should be here in a week, and I can't wait! Anyway, we did some more driving again and it went well. We followed another colleague to the grocery store and learned how easy it is to get there and how close it is. That made me feel better. I was little worried about getting food. We do have a grocery store here on the compound, but it is not as big and costs a little more. This was one stress that quickly went away. Then we went to Saco World the next day and got more things for the house. That was a little more difficult to get to, but totally doable. Again, one less stress. We started the week feeling really good. And now ended it exhausted, but ready for school to begin!

I can't say enough about how wonderful work is going for the both of us. Yes, Travis works A LOT! Yes, I am a bit overwhelmed. Yes, it is hard to be the 'new teacher.' But even with all of those things, I feel good and I know Travis feels really good. I truly feel supported by admin and other teachers. We have friends that invite us over and make sure we are doing well. It's great to know people are there for you.

The school has offered many learning and wellness opportunities that I have absolutely loved! There have been two learning session days so far. Many different things are offered. You, as the teacher, choose what you want or need to go to! I have learned a lot and have really enjoyed it. The wellness I have chosen has been yoga, T25 and reading for pleasure! And we get paid for it since it is during the work day. I just can't say enough good things about the planning and organization. Our staff meetings are well planned, thought out, told to us in advance and really are for us. I could go on and on!

Well that is all for now. School starts on Monday, so stay tuned for classroom pictures and an update on that.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment